100% placement opportunity for Top 20 Candidates*
The International Maritime Employers’ Council (IMEC) is the only international employers’ organisation dedicated to maritime industrial relations.
IMEC represent over 260 maritime employers located all over the world. They co-ordinate the views of Members and negotiate fair and sustainable seafarers’ wages and conditions of employment on their behalf.
Please visit IMEC website ( https://www.imec.org.uk/about ) for further information.
IMEC Indian GME Training Programme – Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) 1 year Course
The one year Presea Training course for Graduates (GME) is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency, awarded by the Directorate General of Shipping (Government of India), after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Naval ships anywhere in the world. This course is strictly residential.
|Last Date of Application
Mechanical Engineering Degree with an Aggregate of more than 70% with all semesters mark sheets.
College must have AICTE or UGC approval.
Age: Maximum 24 years as of 31st Mar 2023.Click here to Calculate your Age
Students will go through 3 rounds of interviews by HIMT. The short-listed candidates will receive interview preparation and guidance from HIMT for IMEC Interviews. IMEC will select upto 20 candidates, who will be issued placement letter, before commencement of course in HIMT College, once they complete admission formalities. *100% Placement Opportunity if selected by IMEC.
Selected candidates will undergo a stringent medical examination with a DGS Approved doctor. Same can also be done with our in house DGS Approved Doctor.Click Here For DGS Approved Doctors
1 year DG approved GME Training
|Fees per Year (Rs)
|Scholarships for every year*
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)
- Scholarships are available Know More
- Placement assistance provided Know More
- Educational Loan assistance Know More
- Caution Deposits are refundable at the end of the Course after adjustment of damages, breakages, etc. if any.
- Application fees is non-refundable.
- Fees paid are forfeited if withdrawn from the Presea courses.
- Telephone, Medicals, Passport, U.S. Visa fees & Travel related to obtaining Visa Will be paid directly by students.
- Medicals can be done at HIMT at an additional cost of Rs.1500/-. (Subject to Doctor availability)
- Admissions are subject to meeting the mandatory requirement of course.
- Company Sponsored candidates under the guaranteed placement category will be provided placement subject to he/she clearing all the subject prior to completion of the final semester and maintaining the discipline in the campus
- As per DGS Circular, Passport and INDoS are mandatory to join the course.
- Cash/Cheque payments are not entertained.